A toddler has died after contracting Meningococcal B while a second child was taken to hospital.
The Public Health England (PHE) stated that as a precaution all children and staff at Little Learners Galgate Nursery in Lancaster have been offered antibiotics.
The National Health Service website states, “Meningococcal group B bacteria is a serious cause of life-threatening infections, including meningitis and blood poisoning, worldwide and the leading infectious killer of babies and young children in the UK. MenB is responsible for about 90% of meningococcal infections in the UK”.
Check with your medical provider regarding vaccinations.
Read the full story here