Men C Vaccine

Fijian health authorities confirmed that there were 58 reported cases of meningococcal from Jan. 1 to April 22 this year.

Confirmed deaths from the meningococcal disease this year are in the age group of less than five years old. Rosy Akbar, Fiji’s Minister for Health and Medical Services said, “the ministry has immunised for Meningococcal (MenC) children ages between one to 19 years. Achieving 84 percent of the target coverage, efforts are made to reach out to the other 16 percent of the targeted age groups.”

Read the full story here

Post a comment