A person who attended a fraternity party in East Lansing tested positive for bacterial meningitis. Health officials are urging everyone who attended the event to be treated with an antibiotic. Ingham County Medical Director Dr. Adenike Shoyinka.said, “Early treatment for close contact will aid us in containing further spread.”
Bacterial meningitis can be spread through coughing or sneezing, kissing, or eating or drinking from shared utensils, cups or bottles. The infection can also be spread by staying in a crowded space with poor ventilation for a prolonged period.
Read the full article.