Lauren Sandell died from Meningococcal W Meningitis after her school and GP failed to give her a life-saving vaccination.
This strain of meningitis is particularly lethal in teenagers and university students. Public Health England (PHE) two months before the teen’s death stated to make parents aware of the dangerous strain. “This disease can cause meningitis and septicaemia that can kill in hours” — but this was never sent out to Lauren or her mother, Sharon.
A GP had also previously failed to tell Lauren about the vaccination during an appointment.
Read the full story here