Dangerous Fare

A 19-year-old student experienced abdominal pain, nausea progressing to muscle pain, labored breathing, blood pressure drop & vomiting hours after eating leftovers from a restaurant.

He developed “diffuse purplish rash” throughout his body which lead to a diagnosis of meningococcal disease. New York-based pain medicine specialist and anesthesiologist Dr Bernard Hsu said that, “It remains unclear how the Neisseria Meningitidis bacteria had contaminated the food”. The teenager had both of his legs and all 10 fingers amputated.

Read the full article.

Comments are closed.